Fol-de-rol and fiddle dee dee! Playing the role of “crazy Marie”, or perhaps more popularly known as “The Fairy Godmother” is the extraordinary Kerry Hiles👗🔮💎
Kerry Hiles is a freelance bass player and vocalist with years of show-band experience, covering various styles of music. She has worked extensively for the Barnyard Theatre Franchise countrywide and appeared on SABC TV as “Jacqui Kruger” in popular soapie, Isidingo.
She was a finalist in MNET’s Idols and has enjoyed contracts as a bass player/vocalist on the cruise-ship, The Symphony, and in the Middle East. Other experience includes radio work and voice-overs.
She lives in East London, but travels regularly nationally and internationally for work as a musician, singer, emcee and voice artist.
Some highlights of her musical career include:
* Hotel residencies with cover bands in the Middle East
* Royal command performances as a bass player and singer in the Seychelles
* A full season as a musician, singer and cabaret artist onboard the cruise ship, The Symphony
* 4 years with the Barnyard Theatre group as a bass player and singer
* And as a singer with a vocal ensemble at Nelson Mandela’s 80th birthday.
Kerry has also been the bass player in the orchestra pit for acclaimed musicals, and has experience playing in gospel groups, heavy metal bands and show bands.
She is a versatile performer, able to sing and play various styles of music, and capable of providing the perfect musical backdrop to a stylish cocktail event, or rocking the party til dawn.
With such talent behind the magic of the show “it’s possible that a plain yellow pumpkin can become a golden carriage! It’s possible that a poor country bumpkin and a prince can join in marriage AND four white mice are easily turned to horses”. 💎😉💃🏼